How do I convert a spring constant of N/cm to N/m

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 7K views
Waynerds
Messages
1
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


my spring constant is 85 N/cm and I have to convert to N/m

Homework Equations


why does stoichiometry not work on this? How would I approach conversions like this?

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried converting the 85 N/cm to N/m and ended up getting 85*10^2 N/m. This was using basic stoichiometry.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Waynerds said:

Homework Statement


my spring constant is 85 N/cm and I have to convert to N/m

Homework Equations


why does stoichiometry not work on this? How would I approach conversions like this?

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried converting the 85 N/cm to N/m and ended up getting 85*10^2 N/m. This was using basic stoichiometry.
Stoichiometry is what you use to balance chemical reactions.

If it takes a force of 85 N to stretch a spring 1 cm, how many Newtons will it take to stretch the same spring 100 cm (= 1 meter)?