How do I leech off my college programs?

In summary, the conversation is about a person wondering if they can get free MS Word from their college since it expired. It is suggested to check if the school has discounts for software or an agreement with MSDNAA for free Microsoft software.
flyingpig
I am just wondering, is it true that if my college has MS word and I don't have it (welll I do, but it expired), then I can get it for free from my school?

How do I leech off my college's benefits? Who do I see?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Probably not but schools usually have huge discounts for software.

See google.

Pengwuino said:
Probably not but schools usually have huge discounts for software.

See google.

Hold on, my tuition fee is not enough to cover those trivial expenses?

flyingpig said:
Hold on, my tuition fee is not enough to cover those trivial expenses?

No. Deal with it.

Who/where should I pay a visit?

Check and see if your school has an agreement with the MSDNAA. My school has one such that if you are enrolled in any computer science class past a certain period of time, you can get a small subset of Microsoft software for free; the most useful of which (IMO) are Windows 7 Professional and Visual Studio 2008.

1. How can I get financial aid to cover all of my college expenses?

Financial aid is available to students who demonstrate financial need. This can include scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study programs. It is important to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine your eligibility for financial aid.

2. Can I receive financial aid for all of my college years?

Financial aid is often awarded on a yearly basis, so you will need to reapply for each academic year. However, if your financial situation remains the same or worsens, you may receive similar amounts of aid each year. It is important to maintain good academic standing to continue receiving financial aid.

3. Can I receive financial aid if I am a part-time student?

Yes, you may still be eligible for financial aid even if you are a part-time student. However, the amount of aid you receive may be adjusted based on your enrollment status. It is important to check with your college's financial aid office for specific requirements and guidelines.

4. Are there any scholarships available for students who do not qualify for financial aid?

Yes, there are many scholarships available for students who do not qualify for financial aid. These scholarships may be merit-based, need-based, or based on specific criteria such as academic major or extracurricular activities. It is important to research and apply for as many scholarships as possible.

5. Can I receive financial aid for studying abroad?

Yes, there are many opportunities for financial aid when studying abroad. You may be able to use your current financial aid package or apply for additional aid specifically for studying abroad. It is important to work closely with your college's financial aid office and study abroad office to determine the best options for funding your study abroad experience.