Just opened a blog and want to LaTex it. Help?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter dextercioby
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blog Latex
In summary, the individual is seeking help with embedding MathJax on their personal blog for displaying mathematical formulas. They are not familiar with PHP codes and are looking for assistance on how to enable MathJax on their blog. They provide links to discussions on setting up MathJax and mention trying suggestions from the links, but have not been successful yet. They then share the code they are currently using for MathJax on their blog.
dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Hi, people,

so I saw this: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/who-here-blogs-not-pf-blog-and-uses-latex.571791/ using the search function, but still didn't quite get it. :(

I've just created a personal blog under the blogger.com website (or htpt:/notadvertisingit.blogspot.com) and of course I want to LaTex some formulas. I know Mathjax http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/configuration.html is an option, but how do I 'embed' it in the blog's 'inner being'? I'm more with pure maths than php codes, so please, help me.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I tried some suggestions from the links in post#3. Didn't get it yet. :(

I finally got it. It looks like I'll have to copy-paste some standard code at the beginning of each HTML content for a post (see below). Then MathJax will render the LaTex code I typed but with \( and \) i/o $ and $ for inline. $$ for display works fine.

The current code is:

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
MathJax.Hub.Config({TeX:{equationNumbers:{autoNumber:"AMS"}}});
</script>
<script src="http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS_HTML" type="text/javascript">
</script>

Last edited:

Hello there,

Congratulations on starting your own blog! It's great to see scientists using online platforms to share their knowledge and ideas with the world. As for using LaTex on your blog, there are a few options you can explore.

Firstly, as you mentioned, Mathjax is a popular tool for displaying LaTex equations on websites. It is relatively easy to use and there are many tutorials available online to help you get started. You can follow the instructions on their website to embed Mathjax into your blog's code.

Another option is to use a LaTex plugin or extension for your blogging platform. For example, if you are using WordPress, there are several plugins available that allow you to write equations in LaTex directly in your blog posts. These plugins usually have a user-friendly interface and make it easier to integrate LaTex into your blog.

If you are not comfortable with coding, you can also try using a LaTex equation editor. These tools allow you to write equations in LaTex and then provide you with the code to embed them on your blog. This can be a good option if you are not familiar with coding or if you want to save time.

Overall, the best approach will depend on your blog's platform and your level of coding experience. I suggest exploring different options and finding the one that works best for you. Good luck with your blog and happy LaTex-ing!

What is LaTex and why should I use it for my blog?

LaTex is a typesetting system commonly used for scientific and technical documents. It allows for precise formatting and professional-looking equations and symbols. Using LaTex for your blog can make your posts more visually appealing and easier to read, especially if you frequently share complex equations or mathematical concepts.

How do I incorporate LaTex into my blog?

There are several ways to incorporate LaTex into your blog. One option is to use a LaTex plugin or extension for your blogging platform, such as WordPress or Blogger. Another option is to use a LaTex editor and then embed the generated code into your blog post. Some blogging platforms also have built-in LaTex support, so be sure to check the documentation for your platform.

Do I need to have coding experience to use LaTex for my blog?

No, you do not need coding experience to use LaTex for your blog. There are many user-friendly LaTex editors and plugins available that allow you to easily write and format equations without needing to know the underlying code. However, having a basic understanding of LaTex syntax can be helpful in customizing your equations and symbols.

Are there any downsides to using LaTex for my blog?

One potential downside of using LaTex for your blog is that it may have a steeper learning curve compared to other formatting options. It may take some time to get familiar with the syntax and features of LaTex. Additionally, using LaTex may also slow down the loading time of your blog if you have a large number of equations or symbols in a single post.

Are there any resources available to help me learn and use LaTex for my blog?

Yes, there are many resources available to help you learn and use LaTex for your blog. The LaTex website offers a comprehensive user guide and documentation, as well as a forum where you can ask questions and get help from other users. There are also many tutorials and online courses available to help you get started with LaTex.