How do I reference a photo taken from the assignment question?

Can you please provide guidance on how to do so in Harvard style? Thank you.In summary, the individual is seeking guidance on how to reference a screenshot in Harvard style for a peer-reviewed journal article publication or for attaching the photo to a post with proper attribution on a forum.
t0mm02
How do I reference a photo taken from the assignment question in Harvard style?

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you give more details please? Reference it in a paper you are writing for a peer-reviewed journal article publication? Or you are wanting to "attach" the photo file to a post here at the PF and give a link for proper attribution?

berkeman said:
Can you give more details please? Reference it in a paper you are writing for a peer-reviewed journal article publication? Or you are wanting to "attach" the photo file to a post here at the PF and give a link for proper attribution?

Hello, I would like to reference a screenshot taken from the assignment question that I have introduced in an engineering assignment.

1. How do I cite a photo from the assignment question?

Citing a photo from the assignment question requires you to include the name of the photographer, the title of the photo, the date it was taken, and the source where you found the photo. It is also important to include a link to the photo if it was found online.

2. What format should I use to reference a photo from the assignment question?

The format for referencing a photo from the assignment question will depend on the citation style required by your professor or publication. Common styles include MLA, APA, and Chicago. Make sure to follow the specific guidelines for the style you are using.

3. Do I need to include the assignment question when referencing a photo?

Yes, it is important to include the assignment question when referencing a photo to give credit to the source of the photo. This also allows readers to easily locate the photo and verify the information you have provided.

4. Can I use a photo from the assignment question without citing it?

No, it is not ethical to use a photo from the assignment question without citing it. It is important to give credit to the original source of the photo to avoid plagiarism and to respect the intellectual property of the photographer.

5. How do I reference a photo from the assignment question if I am using multiple sources?

If you are using multiple sources for your assignment, you will need to include all the necessary information for each photo in your references. Make sure to follow the specific guidelines for your chosen citation style to properly cite all sources used in your assignment.