How do I remove the fanof my motherboard INTEL DESKTOP BOARD D865GSA?

In summary, the conversation is about removing the heat sink attached to the motherboard and fan. The process involves turning each of the four legs 90 degrees and then the heat sink will come off. However, putting it back is challenging and may require multiple attempts. The individual is also looking for a video tutorial for guidance.
Hyperspace2
I have attached the diagram of my motherboard and my fan.

I also want to remove the heat sink that is integrated one.

I would be too grateful if someone could give me video link to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• mypcmotherboard.jpg
    mypcmotherboard.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,463
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
You need to turn each one of the four legs 90 degrees (either clockwise or counterclockwise, I don't recall exactly). After that it'll just come off.

BTW, taking it off is the easy part. The hard part is putting it back. This is the most brain-dead fan attachment design I've seen in over ten years of assembling and disassembling computers. It's a little easier to do if you take the motherboard out of the case, and even then it will take more than one try for each leg to snap in the proper place.

hamster143 said:
You need to turn each one of the four legs 90 degrees (either clockwise or counterclockwise, I don't recall exactly). After that it'll just come off.

BTW, taking it off is the easy part. The hard part is putting it back. This is the most brain-dead fan attachment design I've seen in over ten years of assembling and disassembling computers. It's a little easier to do if you take the motherboard out of the case, and even then it will take more than one try for each leg to snap in the proper place.

Thanks very much . let me try this one

1. How do I remove the fan from my motherboard?

To remove the fan from your motherboard, first make sure your computer is turned off and unplugged. Then, locate the fan on your motherboard and gently unclip or unscrew it from its mounting bracket. Be careful not to damage any other components while removing the fan.

2. Do I need any special tools to remove the fan from my motherboard?

No, you do not need any special tools to remove the fan from your motherboard. A small screwdriver may be helpful for unscrewing any screws holding the fan in place, but otherwise, you should be able to remove it by hand.

3. Can I remove the fan without damaging my motherboard?

Yes, it is possible to remove the fan from your motherboard without damaging it. However, it is important to be careful and gentle when removing the fan to avoid causing any damage to the motherboard or other components.

4. Why do I need to remove the fan from my motherboard?

You may need to remove the fan from your motherboard if it is malfunctioning or if you need to clean or replace it. It is also possible that you may need to remove the fan in order to access other parts of your motherboard.

5. Will removing the fan affect the performance of my motherboard?

No, removing the fan from your motherboard should not affect its performance. However, it is important to make sure the fan is functioning properly and keeping the components on your motherboard cool, as overheating can lead to performance issues.