How do I remove the fanof my motherboard INTEL DESKTOP BOARD D865GSA?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyperspace2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Board Desktop
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 5K views
Hyperspace2
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
I have attached the diagram of my motherboard and my fan.


I also want to remove the heat sink that is integrated one.

I would be too grateful if someone could give me video link to do this.

Thanks in advance.
 
Attachments
  • mypcmotherboard.jpg
    mypcmotherboard.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 2,603
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 646
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to turn each one of the four legs 90 degrees (either clockwise or counterclockwise, I don't recall exactly). After that it'll just come off.

BTW, taking it off is the easy part. The hard part is putting it back. This is the most brain-dead fan attachment design I've seen in over ten years of assembling and disassembling computers. It's a little easier to do if you take the motherboard out of the case, and even then it will take more than one try for each leg to snap in the proper place.
 
hamster143 said:
You need to turn each one of the four legs 90 degrees (either clockwise or counterclockwise, I don't recall exactly). After that it'll just come off.

BTW, taking it off is the easy part. The hard part is putting it back. This is the most brain-dead fan attachment design I've seen in over ten years of assembling and disassembling computers. It's a little easier to do if you take the motherboard out of the case, and even then it will take more than one try for each leg to snap in the proper place.

Thanks very much . let me try this one