How do we explain universal complexities?

In summary, the conversation discusses the complexity of the universe and how it came to be. Darwinian evolution is discussed as a possible process that brought about the complexity of the universe.
PeterDonis said:
I think you're misstating this. Living organisms are open systems--they are constantly exchanging matter and energy with their environment. So you have to take into account their environment when you're looking at entropy. When you do that, you see entropy increase, not entropy decrease; there's no "reprieve".

Do you have any actual math or references to back this up? Please bear in mind the PF rules on personal theories.[/QUOT/

We,re suffering strongest storms in 50 years here, power and communication outages. Crazy times. Given time I would like to better respond to this topic. As for the implication of entropy for the condensation of matter in the early universe https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(energy_dispersal)

Timedial said:
Its hard to envision a bigger contradiction of the notion of entropy’s universal rule, that would otherwise suggest that big bang radiation should just have spread out featureless over space, not coming to form the condensed material universe.

Space news on Phys.org
Timedial said:
As for the implication of entropy for the condensation of matter in the early universe https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entropy_(energy_dispersal)

Wikipedia is not always a reliable source. It is particularly not a reliable source when an article has the number of warnings/disclaimers at the top that this one does. (You might need to look at it on a non-mobile device to see them, the mobile version of Wikipedia appears to suppress them.) The viewpoint expressed on that page does not appear to be a mainstream one, though it does have textbook references given, but no peer-reviewed research papers that I can see, it all appears to be about pedagogy, not physics.

Also, none of the discussion on that page talks at all about the implications for the early universe (if there are any), so either you're making that up yourself (in which case it's off topic for discussion here, we don't discuss personal theories), or you should be able to give some other reference that discusses it.

At this point I am closing this thread. Timedial, if you can find better references for your viewpoint, please PM me.