How Do X1 and X2 Determine Delta R in Advanced Mechanics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter metalmagik
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    advanced Mechanics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
metalmagik
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6353/mechanicsau9.jpg

I have this question for my WebAssign and I am not sure what to do with it. I thoght about how to use the X1 and X2 to get delta r but I really have no idea where to start. Please help! Much appreciated
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I used it and got 11,624.97312. I entered 11,624.97 into Webassign and it came out a wrong answer. Could someone tell me if this is the right answer and I am entering it wrong or if I completely did this wrong?

I found one leg of the small triangle at the top of the diagram by subtracting 4900-3200, and used X1 as the other leg..then uesd the pythagorean theorem.
 
nevermind, got the answer, thanks a lot. I've got another mechanics question if anyone's around.