How Do You Calculate Charge and Current Over Time in a Defibrillator Circuit?

  • Thread starter Thread starter _mae
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Charging
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
_mae
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
**EDIT: I solved the second part of the problem, I just need help on the syntax for the 2 equations of q(t) and I(t).

Homework Statement



http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2139/phys1xf8.jpg

Homework Equations



First Part:
q(t) = Q(1-e-t/RC)
I(t) = (emf/R) e-t/RC

The Attempt at a Solution


For the equations of q and I as functions of time, I basically plugged in all the numbers and WebAssign is telling me that it's wrong. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong -- any help would be appreciated.

Please help. :(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Just a guess, but they might want you to include units in your expressions for q and I, including the 1.7s in the exponential. They had provided the units in the previous answers, but not for those.

Your numbers for q and I look right to me. I get something slightly different for (a).