How Do You Calculate Required Heat Rate for Air in a Furnace?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
vandesil
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hiiiiiiiiii
I hope for helping me
I have a senier project about "metal heat treatment furnace designe and manufacture"
First:
I want to calculate the heat rate that required to raise air heat from 15 to 40 c in a specific volume like room with volume 4*4*3.
Second:
I want to know about "Sensible heat" what is the equation used to calculate it?
please send me any websites or articles talking in this subjects.
contact me on
[B]htfproject@yahoo.com[/B]
Yours
Jak
 
Physics news on Phys.org
As far as the first question, heat rate will only determine how fast your room raises to the temperature. To find the total heat or Q, just use the basic energy equation.
Q = mC(T2-T1) where m is mass of the air, and C is specific heat.
Given this total heat, then determine how fast you want to heat it, divide and there's your heat rate.

Not real sure about your second question though.
 
Sensible heat is simply the heat energy obtained at an elevated temperature. It is calculated via. the equation Minger has already posted. I would highly recommend becoming familiar with web search tools. There is a lot of information to be had that way. It is very easy.