How Do You Calculate the Angle of Wrap in Belt Friction?

  • Topic: Engineering 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sam0916
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Angle Friction
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 3K views
sam0916
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
I am given the belt below. However, I am confused as to how I should get the angle of wrap. Can you guys please help me out?
Relevant Equations
Angles
Attached is the picture of the belt. The angle of wrap seems to be >180 degrees.
 
Attachments
  • sd.PNG
    sd.PNG
    5.3 KB · Views: 248
Physics news on Phys.org
sam0916 said:
Homework Statement:: I am given the belt below. However, I am confused as to how I should get the angle of wrap. Can you guys please help me out?
Relevant Equations:: Angles

Attached is the picture of the belt. The angle of wrap seems to be >180 degrees.
It doesn't look >180 degrees to me.