How Do You Calculate the Initial Height of a Block on a Frictionless Ramp?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
Swimkid711
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I need help!

I have a 426g block on a frictionless ramp with initial height, h. The ramp curves, where the height is 2.6 meters before it flies off. I need to know the initial height, can someone please help? :smile:
 
Physics news on Phys.org
can you give us more info about this . Or is that all you know.
 
There must be some more information in this problem, unless if your teacher just wants you to express your answer in variables. Perhaps a velocity would help us out?
 
some more information relevant to the problem must be given to solve for a numerical value otherwise your solution will be a general solution involving variables...