1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you deduce acceleration?

1. Sep 13, 2017 #1
    (Mentor note) This thread was moved from another forum, hence no homework template.

How do you deduce initial acceleration just from B, L, M, and I? (Telsa, length, mass, and current)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 13, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

What can you tell us about how these quantities are related? If you can find a way to get a force then you have the means to get the acceleration of some object.

4. Sep 13, 2017 #3
    I do not have an idea of how they are related... and I can't seem to figure out the formulas for how acceleration is derived from

5. Sep 13, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Is this a homework assignment? What grade level? of what course or project?

6. Sep 13, 2017 #5
    It is a homework assignment. I'm on my IB course as grade 11.

7. Sep 13, 2017 #6

jedishrfu

Okay so I'm going to move this thread to our homework forum.

You're going to need to answer these three questions (known as our homework template that appears when you post in the proper homework forum)

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Enter the actual question with all its related information

2. Relevant equations

Tell us what equations and formulas you've been given for this topic. This helps us determine what level of understanding you have.

3. The attempt at a solution

You must try to solve the problem using the equations and formulas you were given. We can only help if you show us your work.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted