How Do You Derive the FRW Metric for a Closed Universe?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Skye
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi, I'm new to Physics Forum and wasn't really sure where to post this since its not strictly speaking a homwork question. So if it happens to be in the wrong place I apologise.

I was looking through some lecture notes from when I did my Physics degree years ago and come across a problem involving the FRW metric.

Basically I'm trying to get from

ds2 = dt2 - a(t)2[(dr2/(1-Kr2))+r2d[tex]\Omega[/tex]]

to

ds2 = dt2 - a(t)2[d[tex]\chi[/tex]2 + Sk[tex]\chi[/tex]2d[tex]\Omega[/tex]]

using r = Sk[tex]\chi[/tex] = (1/[tex]\sqrt{}K[/tex]sin([tex]\sqrt{}K[/tex][tex]\chi[/tex])

After I competed my degree I took a bit of a break from Physics so I'm quite rusty at this stuff. Would appreciate any help i can get :)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Never mind. I get it. Guess I'm not as rusty as I thought.