How do you draw diagrams on PhysicsForums?

In summary, you can upload circuit diagrams or other types of diagrams directly to PhysicsForums using the "upload" button. However, the image must exist somewhere and there are specific file type and size requirements. It is also possible to create diagrams using LaTeX, but it depends on the version supported by PhysicsForums. Recommended software for sketching and circuit analysis includes SketchUp, CAD, and other free options.
doktorwho
Instead of uplading a picture, i want to draw a circuit diagram or some kind of a diagram and upload it to PhysicsForums, is there a way to do that?

Physics news on Phys.org
You can upload it to the forums directly with the "upload" button (to the right of "post reply").
It has to exist as image somewhere, it won't work without any uploading.

Yes.

Use a drawing program.

Save on your computer as:
Accepted file types: zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, docx, xlsx
Max image width: 960 pixels
Max image height: 720 pixels

Use the upload button at the right bottom, below the reply text box to upload.

Ok, thanks i thought there could exist some way of creating it with LateX using something like CircuitIkz I've seen on ShareLaTeX.

Could be.
I don't know about that.

doktorwho said:
i thought there could exist some way of creating it with LateX
As you may know, we do allow using LaTeX in posts. I don't know whether our version supports what you want to do. Check the http://docs.mathjax.org/en/latest/tex.html#supported-latex-commands.

Prepare your drawings using suitable software on your own computer and then upload to PF .

Google :

Sketching free software
CAD free software .
Circuit analysis free software .

LaTeX support here is provided by MathJax, things not included there won't work.

1. How do I insert a diagram in my post on PhysicsForums?

To insert a diagram in your post on PhysicsForums, you can either upload an image from your computer or use a third-party image hosting website, such as Imgur, and insert the image link in your post using the "Insert Image" button on the post editor toolbar.

2. Can I draw a diagram directly in my post on PhysicsForums?

Yes, you can use the built-in drawing tools in the post editor toolbar to draw diagrams directly in your post on PhysicsForums. Simply click on the "Draw" button and use the tools provided to create your diagram.

3. Is there a specific format or tool I need to use to draw diagrams on PhysicsForums?

No, there is no specific format or tool required to draw diagrams on PhysicsForums. You can use any drawing software or even hand-drawn diagrams and upload them as an image in your post.

4. Can I edit my diagrams after posting them on PhysicsForums?

Yes, you can edit your diagrams after posting them on PhysicsForums. Simply click on the "Edit" button on your post and make any necessary changes to your diagram using the drawing tools.

5. Are there any guidelines or tips for drawing diagrams on PhysicsForums?

While there are no strict guidelines for drawing diagrams on PhysicsForums, it is recommended to label and caption your diagrams clearly and use consistent units and scales. Additionally, using a clear and legible font for text in your diagrams can improve readability.