How do you find acceleration with F=mg and F=ma?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Dylan Ekman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Acceleration F=ma
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Dylan Ekman
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I know that you have to cancel out the masses and forces but still unsure how the equation goes
 
Physics news on Phys.org
F=ma=mg

m cancels so

a=g

If that's not what you are asking post the whole problem.
 
Well a is acceleration. In the specific case of gravity g is acceleration. So I guess you aren't asking us to point at the equation and say "there it is". I imagine it is too simple minded to believe that you just want us to invert the equations for you?

a = F/m or g = F/m. ?

Ok, the answer to the question you seem to be asking is too trivial. I think I missed something. What are you asking again?