How Do You Model Joule Heating in ANSYS Workbench for a Tungsten Filament?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
clement13
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I have the following problem: I would like, from a tungsten filament which an electric current is imposed, find the temperature emitted from the filament (Joule heating) on ansys workbench.

I have to study a thermoelectrical , but I can not find any tutorial.

Does anyone have examples or tutorial to deal with this problem on workbech?

Thank you in advance
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I should have looked up what an ansy workbench was before giving an answer.
An ansy workbench is a simulation program.
Rewrote this to give a sensible answer.

The question is not clear. Do you want to calculate the temperature of a tungsten filament or do you want to measure the watts from a tungsten filament or the temperature of some object near the tungsten filament?
 
Last edited: