1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do you reference simultaneous publications to each other ?

1. Oct 26, 2009 #1
    If i have three or four papers pending publication, review, rejection to another journal etc (a process out my control) and these papers depend on each other for clarification then how do you reference them to each other ?

can you reference to a pending publication such as a repository held version of the paper which i have uploaded ?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 27, 2009 #2

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You can either reference them as "submitted for publication" or "accepted for publication", or if you have it uploaded to a repository such as ArXiv, then cite the ArXiv reference.

Zz.

4. Oct 27, 2009 #3

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

That said, if the papers "depend on each other for clarification", they should never have been separate papers to begin with.

5. Oct 27, 2009 #4
    Thanks Zz.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook