How Is Stopping Distance Related to Speed in Physics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter robandrew06
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Stopping distance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 8K views
robandrew06
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi,our teacher has just given us piece of coursework like two weeks before exams. This piece seems hadrer than the iothers and i really need some help!

For the krux of it I need to know the physics behind stopping distance being related to speed. Can anyone offer some help?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, robandrew. Please note that, for homework and coursework questions, you are required to show your work before we can help you. However in this case, since you are not exactly asking for homework help, it would suffice to mention some further details regarding what level you are studying, what prior knowledge you have for this topic, or any other information that you can.

I could, for example, give you some websites (like hyperphysics http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/HBASE/crstp.html) but I don't know whether they would help.

Finally, I've moved this to intro physics HW forums, where it belongs.
 
Hi, I am currently doing AS level data analysis course work.

I have a link of the work I have done so far, but I basically need to know how to work out stopping distance of a trolley released from a slop.e If I know the mass of trolley, and the kinetic energy and speed etc how do ui workl out the stopping distance?

thankyou!
 
Attachments
I don't see any graphs in there that you have a slope from which to calculate anything. Could you shed some light on this?
 
There were two threads started in General Physics, so I have merged them here.
 
Evo said:
There were two threads started in General Physics, so I have merged them here.

Shows how bad my memory is: I can't even remember two days ago!