How long China becomes the world leader in business?

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter kiengian86
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Business China
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 3K views
kiengian86
How long do you think it will be before China becomes the world leader in business?

Deleted spam.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
They will continue to grow their manufacturing base until they allow unionization, cap and trade, occupational and safety standards, anti-discrimination lawsuits, workers comp claims, environmental legislation, and all of the rest of the rules governing the free world.
 
I doubt they will if they continue this stuff with the Green Dam.
 
By 2040 I believe, they are passing Japan by 2010 in the terms of GDP. But their growth is unstable I believe.
 
WhoWee said:
They will continue to grow their manufacturing base until they allow unionization, cap and trade, occupational and safety standards, anti-discrimination lawsuits, workers comp claims, environmental legislation, and all of the rest of the rules governing the free world.

That will only happen if they convert to a democracy. Right now they are a dictatorship. They are banning Avatar because a lot of the Chinese people relate to it as the Chinese government has been kicking many people out of their homes to make way for developers.
 
rootX said:
By 2040 I believe, they are passing Japan by 2010 in the terms of GDP. But their growth is unstable I believe.


In the short term no country's growth is stable. It goes up. It goes down. That's the business cycle.
 
WhoWee said:
They will continue to grow their manufacturing base until they allow unionization, cap and trade, occupational and safety standards, anti-discrimination lawsuits, workers comp claims, environmental legislation, and all of the rest of the rules governing the free world.

Why must a country follow these rules in order to become a world leader in business? I certainly know that if I ran my own personal country many of these 'rules' would not be in place at all.
 
What makes up believe that China is not already the world leader in business? They are the only country in the world that runs a trade surplus and has not just a balanced budget but a surplus. Business leader -- work hard -- make stuff -- make money. I think China has got it already.
 
Of course all the nations of the Earth are subject to the resource depletion talked about in the Club of Rome's book "The limits to Growth" 1972. It will be a rough transition for all.