Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

News How long China becomes the world leader in business?

1. Jan 23, 2010 #1
    How long do you think it will be before China becomes the world leader in business?

Deleted spam.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 23, 2010 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

4. Jan 23, 2010 #3
    They will continue to grow their manufacturing base until they allow unionization, cap and trade, occupational and safety standards, anti-discrimination lawsuits, workers comp claims, environmental legislation, and all of the rest of the rules governing the free world.

5. Jan 23, 2010 #4

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How do you define "world leader"? GDP?

6. Jan 23, 2010 #5
    I doubt they will if they continue this stuff with the Green Dam.

7. Jan 23, 2010 #6
    By 2040 I believe, they are passing Japan by 2010 in the terms of GDP. But their growth is unstable I believe.

8. Jan 23, 2010 #7
    That will only happen if they convert to a democracy. Right now they are a dictatorship. They are banning Avatar because a lot of the Chinese people relate to it as the Chinese government has been kicking many people out of their homes to make way for developers.

9. Jan 25, 2010 #8

In the short term no country's growth is stable. It goes up. It goes down. That's the business cycle.

10. Jan 25, 2010 #9
    Why must a country follow these rules in order to become a world leader in business? I certainly know that if I ran my own personal country many of these 'rules' would not be in place at all.

11. Jan 25, 2010 #10
    What makes up believe that China is not already the world leader in business? They are the only country in the world that runs a trade surplus and has not just a balanced budget but a surplus. Business leader -- work hard -- make stuff -- make money. I think China has got it already.

12. Jan 25, 2010 #11
    Of course all the nations of the Earth are subject to the resource depletion talked about in the Club of Rome's book "The limits to Growth" 1972. It will be a rough transition for all.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook