How Long to Reach Maximum Height for a 70 m/s Projectile at 45 Degrees?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Cortana
Member warned that posters must show what they have tried

Homework Statement


A projectile was launched at 70 m/s at an angle of 45 degrees above the horizontal, how long does it take the projectile to reach maximum height?

Homework Equations


Vyo= initial vertical velocity Vo=initial velocity

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using the equation Vxo=VoSIN(theta)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!
Cortana said:
I tried using the equation Vxo=VoSIN(theta)
No.
You need to show what you've tried so that we can see what went wrong.
 
Cortana said:
I tried using the equation Vxo=VoSIN(theta)
Did you mean that? It could be right, depending on how exactly you are defining theta. What angle do you think it represents?
Double check your source for that equation.