This is how I was taught and I always do it this way and pretty much never make a mistake except when I have a brain fart and screw up some of the simple math.
The atomic mass of monatomic Oxygen ~ 16 but since oxygen gas is diatomic the atomic mass = 32. Since atomic mass = molar mass, 1 mol of O2=32g
So you set up your conversion factors using dimensional analysis (learn this technique if you don't know it already, practice with it and your life will be a lot easier in any science class);
(2g/1) * (1 mol/32g) * (6.02e23 molecules/1 mol)
I use the 1 in the first term just as a place holder because I can be slow in the head at times and make stupid math errors. The grams will cancel, as will the mols and the units you are left with are molecules of Oxygen. Doing the math gets you
.376e23 = 3.8e22
But that tells you how many O=O MOLECULES there are and the question is asking how many ATOMS you need. So just multiply by 2 and you get 7.6e22.
Moles are easy to understand if you think of them in everyday terms. So a mol is just a specific number of things (anything), like a dozen, except where a dozen right away makes you think 12 a mol makes you think Avogadro's Number. You can have a mol of donuts or a mol of oxygens or a mol of cars or people, you get the idea. So if you get stuck just break it down to everyday life. If you have 1 dozen cars, that dozen cars will have 4 dozen tires (4 tires per car, or 4x12=48 tires), 2 dozen headlights (2 per car, 2x12=24) etc. If you have a mol of cars you have 4 mols of tires (4 * Avogadro's #), 2 mols of headlights (2 * Av's #) and so on.
So if you have something like Calcium Chloride (CaCl2). Then 1 dozen molecules of calcium chloride will have 1 dozen calcium ions (1 * 12=12) and 2 dozen chloride ions (2 * 12 = 24), because just as there are 4 tires per car or 2 headlights per car there are 2 chloride ions per calcium chloride molecule. 1 mol of calcium chloride will have 1 mol of calcium (1 * Av's Number) and 2 mols of chloride (2 * Av's #). 5 mols of it = 5 mols of calcium (5 * Av's #) and 10 mols of chloride (10 * Av's #). Hope this helps, I know that I helped quite a few people get a handle on this concept by explaining it this way.