How many questions do you have a burning desire to know the answer to

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
35 replies · 6K views
three
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Jim Kata said:
three

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is the capital of Assyria?

Perhaps those are your [STRIKE]five[/STRIKE] three questions?
 


zoobyshoe said:
The subject of burning questions reminds me of the opening stanza of The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock:


LET us go then, you and I,
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table;
Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets,
The muttering retreats
Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels
And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells:
Streets that follow like a tedious argument
Of insidious intent
To lead you to an overwhelming question….
Oh, do not ask, “What is it?”
Let us go and make our visit.

My favorite poem!:!)
 
Charmar said:
What is the capital of Assyria?

Assur! Had to google it.
 
I'll ask a simple question:

Could you explain, in detail, how to build a space-craft? I prefer you explain it in layman terms.
 
lisab said:
Assur! Had to google it.

Too bad for Sir Robin that he didn't have access to google.

Actual question I have:

I can't picture how this planet is orbiting in the way they describe. But it is a planet that is in the vicinity of 4 stars. I would think it would be 2 sets of binary stars with orbiting around each other with the planet orbiting around that, but that seems not to be the case with their description.
So, in the form of the question. How is the planet in this article in a stable orbit?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/b...hunters-find-a-world-with-a-four-star-rating/