How much is molecules and how much is else in 1cm3 od air?

  • Thread starter Thread starter An00b
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Air Molecules
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
An00b
Messages
4
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I will try to translate the best I can:
In 1cm3 of air, how much of it is molecules and how much is the space between them. diameter of 1 molecule is 0,1nm and is has a sphere shape.

so R=0,1nm
space=1cm3

Homework Equations


V=4/3*R3*∏
n=N/Na=V/V0
Na=6,022*1023mol-1
V0=22,4dm3

The Attempt at a Solution



I calculated that the V of the molecule is 4,187*10cm3 but then when I use the other formula (N/Na=V/V0) I get that there is less then one molecule in that space which is impossible. Please use cm3 everywhere.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks everyone you've been much help, I need it for tomorrow and you've solved it so quickly.