How much is the call out charge?

• Thread starter Rubies
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Charge
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving a call out fee and an hourly rate. The given information is used to solve for the values of the hourly rate and call out fee, which are determined to be 30 euro and 50 euro, respectively. One person also advises against guessing and recommends using a system of equations to solve the problem.
Rubies
Homework Statement
Attempt: 30 Euro ,which is hourly rate is call out charge.
Relevant Equations
Find call out charge?
The call out fee includes hourly rate
IMAG0003.jpg
which is 30euro
Correct me if I'm wrong please,
Thank

Physics news on Phys.org
Call the fixed fee per hour F and the call out fee C. Then you are given that

3F + C = 140, 4F + C = 170

From this we find F = 30, C = 50.

This seems to match with your answer (if I interpret correctly what you mean), so you are correct.

@Rubies, since you didn't show any of your work, it appears that you are trying to answer the question by guessing, which isn't a good strategy. The approach shown by @Math_QED, which uses a system of equations, is a much better way to work on these kinds of problems.

Related to How much is the call out charge?

1. What factors determine the call out charge?

The call out charge is typically determined by the distance traveled, the time of day, and the complexity of the issue being addressed. Some companies may also include additional fees for emergency or after-hours calls.

2. Is the call out charge a flat rate or does it vary?

The call out charge can vary depending on the company and the specific circumstances. Some companies may have a flat rate for all call outs, while others may have a tiered system based on the factors mentioned above.

3. Do I have to pay the call out charge if the issue is not resolved?

In most cases, yes, you will still be responsible for paying the call out charge regardless of whether or not the issue is resolved. This fee covers the cost of the technician's time and travel expenses.

4. Can I negotiate the call out charge?

Some companies may be open to negotiating the call out charge, especially if you are a loyal customer or have a valid reason for requesting a lower fee. However, it ultimately depends on the company's policies and procedures.

5. Are there any additional fees I should be aware of?

In addition to the call out charge, there may be other fees associated with the service, such as parts and labor costs. It is important to clarify all fees and charges with the company before scheduling a call out to avoid any surprises.