How much time does it take to change your displacement by 25.0m east?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 7K views
valerieangel
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
As you walk to class with a constant speed of 1.65 m/s , you are moving in a direction that is 16.2° north of east.

How much time does it take to change your displacement by 25.0 m east?

I know that v0 = 1.65 m/s. Would I use the equation: x = (v0 cosθ)t?Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
valerieangel said:
Would I use the equation: x = (v0 cosθ)t?
Maybe you meant to say vx = (v0 cosθ)t
 
lewando said:
Maybe you meant to say vx = (v0 cosθ)t

Yes. Would that be correct equation to use?
 
Yes, to get the velocity in the x (eastward) direction. Using this result, you can easily determine t.
 
lewando said:
Yes, to get the velocity in the x (eastward) direction. Using this result, you can easily determine t.

Thank you.