How should i prepare for studying Engineering in University

In summary, the speaker is starting their first semester in Mechatronics engineering in 2 months. They have a basic understanding of physics and calculus from high school, but want to prepare for their classes in the last two months. They ask for recommendations on how to self-study and for textbooks to use. They are advised to check their university's website for course information and to use online resources like Khan Academy and MIT's open courseware for self-study.
gungun8799
I'll have to start the 1st semester at the university in 2 months in Mechatronics engineering.
I used to study physics and calculus before in high school so I have some knowledge about their foundation but not really good at it yet. I wonder that in the last two months, how should i prepare for he class, what should I concentrate about physics, calculus(i mean study by myself).
And if you guys know some of the textbook that is good for self-study then please
tell me.

Thank you,sir !

Physics news on Phys.org
Try to find out the courses you're going to be taking on your university's website. You can self-study on the internet (Khan Academy on youtube). You can always buy some textbooks early, but I wouldn't considering you might need to re-buy very similar ones when you start school. You're probably going to be taking calculus, linear algebra, mechanics, electricity/magnetism...All of which can be found in the open course-ware from MIT on youtube.

1. What courses should I take in high school to prepare for studying Engineering in University?

To prepare for studying Engineering in University, it is recommended to take courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and computer science. These subjects will provide a strong foundation for the concepts covered in Engineering courses.

2. Are there any specific skills I should develop before starting my Engineering studies?

Developing strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills are essential for success in Engineering. Additionally, developing strong communication and teamwork skills will also be beneficial in group projects and collaborations.

3. How can I familiarize myself with the field of Engineering before starting my studies?

You can familiarize yourself with the field of Engineering by attending workshops, summer programs, or internships related to Engineering. You can also read books, watch videos, and attend talks or conferences to gain a better understanding of the various disciplines within Engineering.

4. Is it important to have hands-on experience in Engineering before starting my studies?

While it is not mandatory, having hands-on experience in Engineering can be very beneficial. This can include participating in robotics clubs, building projects, or volunteering in Engineering-related activities. It will give you a better understanding of the practical application of Engineering concepts.

5. What can I do during my studies to prepare for a career in Engineering?

To prepare for a career in Engineering, it is important to not only focus on your coursework but also gain practical experience through internships, co-ops, or research opportunities. Networking with professionals in the field and participating in extracurricular activities related to Engineering can also help you prepare for a successful career in the field.