How to accelerate a penny in a homemade penny shooter

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter PoofyHair
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Building
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 9K views
PoofyHair
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hi,

First of all, I highly doubt this is in the correct forum so move it if necessary. I've been at this forum for a while although I never really bothered to post anything. The other day however, I decided that I wanted to build a penny shooter, or a gun that shoots penny's into maybe watermelons or items of that nature. The problem is that I am having trouble finding ways to accelerate the penny. A compressor would be too big, so my guess is that pressure is out of the deal. Any ideas from you guys?

-PoofyHair
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try using a compressed spring, and see how much effective it is. It can be dangerous, though.