How to add .ost, pst. files as data files for MS outlook 200

• Thread starter willmorton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Data files
In summary, the person is trying to make several .ost and .pst data files into mailboxes in Microsoft OL 2007 with hosting from MyHosting.com. They are using Windows Ultimate 64 bit as their operating system and also have Exchange and Enterprise via their Blackberry to sync with Outlook. They are wondering if they can merge or combine these different files and there does not seem to be a merge tool available.
willmorton
I have several of the .ost and .pst data files that I am trying to make as mailboxes (with the inbox and other subs that I created) but when I try it says they are not personal folders. I had changed one pst to ost and it worked but not the others. I thought .pst was the right suffix for these types of files?

Secondly can I merge or do something to combine these different files?

I am using Microsoft OL 2007 with hosting from MyHosting.com and it is on my laptop using Windows Ultimate 64 bit as my operating system. If it matters I have a Toshiba Satellite C655d-S5043.

I also have Exchange and Enterprise via my Blackberry to sync with outlook through myhosting., com which is much more satisfactory than Go Daddy which I had nothing but problems with (maybe because I am too stupid to know how to follow rules)

Computer science news on Phys.org
willmorton said:
Secondly can I merge or do something to combine these different files?
You could create a data folder in Outlook for both and then transfer them. There is no merge tool that I know of.

This looks like a setup for spam.

Thread closed.

1. How do I add an .ost or .pst file as a data file for MS Outlook 200?

In order to add an .ost or .pst file as a data file for MS Outlook 200, follow these steps:

• Open MS Outlook 200 and go to the "File" tab.
  • Click on "Account Settings" and select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
  • In the "Account Settings" window, click on the "Data Files" tab.
  • Click on "Add" and select the type of file you want to add (.ost or .pst).
  • Browse to the location of the file and click "OK" to add it as a data file.

2. Can I add multiple .ost or .pst files as data files for MS Outlook 200?

Yes, you can add multiple .ost or .pst files as data files for MS Outlook 200 by following the same steps as above. You can add as many data files as you need to manage your emails, contacts, and other data.

3. What is the difference between .ost and .pst files?

.ost files (Offline Outlook Data File) are used for offline access to your emails, contacts, and other data. They are created when you use Outlook with an Exchange or Office 365 account. .pst files (Personal Folders File) are used to store your emails, contacts, and other data locally on your computer. They are typically created when you use Outlook with a POP or IMAP account.

4. Can I change the location of my .ost or .pst files?

Yes, you can change the location of your .ost or .pst files by following these steps:

• Close MS Outlook 200 and make sure it is not running in the background.
  • Navigate to the location where your .ost or .pst files are currently stored.
  • Copy the files and paste them to the new location where you want them to be stored.
  • Open MS Outlook 200 and go to the "File" tab.
  • Click on "Account Settings" and select "Account Settings" from the drop-down menu.
  • In the "Account Settings" window, click on the "Data Files" tab.
  • Click on the data file you want to change the location for and click on "Open File Location".
  • In the new window that opens, delete the old file and replace it with the file you copied to the new location.

5. What should I do if I cannot add an .ost or .pst file as a data file for MS Outlook 200?

If you are unable to add an .ost or .pst file as a data file for MS Outlook 200, it could be due to corruption in the file. Try repairing the file using the "Inbox Repair Tool" provided by Microsoft. If that does not work, you may need to recreate the file or seek technical support for further assistance.