How to add .ost, pst. files as data files for MS outlook 200

  • Thread starter Thread starter willmorton
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Data files
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
willmorton
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I have several of the .ost and .pst data files that I am trying to make as mailboxes (with the inbox and other subs that I created) but when I try it says they are not personal folders. I had changed one pst to ost and it worked but not the others. I thought .pst was the right suffix for these types of files?

Secondly can I merge or do something to combine these different files?

I am using Microsoft OL 2007 with hosting from MyHosting.com and it is on my laptop using Windows Ultimate 64 bit as my operating system. If it matters I have a Toshiba Satellite C655d-S5043.

I also have Exchange and Enterprise via my Blackberry to sync with outlook through myhosting., com which is much more satisfactory than Go Daddy which I had nothing but problems with (maybe because I am too stupid to know how to follow rules)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
willmorton said:
Secondly can I merge or do something to combine these different files?
You could create a data folder in Outlook for both and then transfer them. There is no merge tool that I know of.