How to apply Newton's second law with a free body diagram

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oblakastouf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Confused
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Oblakastouf
Messages
18
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


dd0sc0.jpg



Homework Equations


F = Ma


The Attempt at a Solution


... I wish I even knew where to start :\
I drew the freebody diagram, but I don't know how to use it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe the net force acting on the tin of corned beef must be 2.3 Kg x 5.4 m / s2= 12.42 N. Set this equal to the other forces acting on the tin.
 
I don't even know how to do that :\ I kinda just need a similar problem solved so I can make a method out of how they did it... I need to figure out how to change free body diagrams into an equation. You miss one day of class and you get f-cked.