How to Approach the Prandtl Boundary Layer Equation for Steady Laminar Flow?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
sakif
Messages
1
Reaction score
1
Homework Statement
Prove the following statement
Relevant Equations
Prandtl boundary layer equation for a two dimensional steady laminar flow of incompressible fluid over a semi infinite plate
I have tried to approach in the following way
IMG_20230120_052745.jpg

IMG_20230120_052751.jpg


I am stuck. How should I approach this next.please help
 
Attachments
  • image__01.png
    image__01.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 220
Physics news on Phys.org
I see you try to use the Bernoulli equation. But that is never going to work since that equation is only valid for inviscid flow. And in an inviscid flow no boundary layer can exist.
 
Arjan82 said:
I see you try to use the Bernoulli equation. But that is never going to work since that equation is only valid for inviscid flow. And in an inviscid flow no boundary layer can exist.
Far from the boundary, in the free stream, it is valid to use the Bernoulli equation. That's what boundary layer theory is all about.