How to become an engineer?

• Thread starter KostasA-17
  • Start date
KostasA-17
Hi!My name is Konstantinos,I'm 15 and I am Greek.I am in this forum because I don't know what to do.I want to be a self teach engineer and I don't know from where I have to start to study and I need help.Please give some advise.

Answers and Replies

jrmichler
Mentor
Start with a solid background in calculus and physics. You need the calculus to properly understand the physics, and you need the physics to understand the engineering courses.

Likes DaveE, berkeman, symbolipoint and 1 other person
Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
And you will need to go to college instead of being self-taught.

Lnewqban
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Welcome, Konstantinos :smile:
What branch of engineering interests you the most?

wukunlin
Gold Member
Looks like gaining the titile of an engineer is not possible from being self-taught in Greece?
In Greece, the title of "Engineer" is awarded by higher education institutions. There are two types of engineer. The title "Diplomate Engineer" (Diplomate in Greek: Διπλωματούχος; Kάτοχος ενός Διπλώματος/Δίπλωμα/Diploma; Diploma holder) is awarded after completion of a five-year undergraduate engineering degree (diploma) programme at a polytechnic university. These degrees are 300 ECTS credits, leading to a qualification at ISCED level 7, equivalent to an integrated master's degree.

The title of "Technologist Engineer", is awarded after completion of a four-year (three and a half years from 1983 to 1995) undergraduate engineering degree programme at a technological educational institute (TEI). These are 240 (previously 210, 1983–1995) ECTS credits leading to an award at ISCED level 6, equivalent to a bachelor's degree. TEIs existed from 1983 to 2019; they were reformed between 2013 and 2019 and their departments incorporated into existing higher education institutions.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer's_degree#Greece

Suggested for: How to become an engineer?

• Last Post
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
  • Last Post
Replies
Views
Replies