How to Build a Tennis Ball Launcher for Science Games Day?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Osiris_
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Osiris_
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey guys, I am a year 10 student and I took part in a competition called the Science Games Day...One of the event stated that I need to build a tennis ball launcher that can launch over 10m and 1.5m in height...

There is also a lot of restrictions.

Can anyone help me with this like giving me a design that is good.I being dreaming to win this competition?

Thank you

The details are here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RPpy1KEkt6u7E5w5DwLjf4KFQAWg3Yl2e688IaEMhgY/edit?usp=sharing
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
We can't design it for you.

However, the document link shows several designs on the last graphic:

1) trebuchet

2) air cannon

3) slingshot

Not mentioned is a ski jump that would be unique but it might exceed the 1x1x1m size limitation.

You could also search online to see some examples and maybe search images too.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the reply jedishrfu...Can I use the http://www.tcnj.edu/~jones37/fat.html as shown in the video below... I did some research on it and they said it is the most accurate and long distance

Video:
 
Last edited by a moderator: