How to Calculate Centrifugal Force on a Spinning Droplet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ameer Alhilo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Centrifugal Forces
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
Ameer Alhilo
hello everyone
I have spinning droplet. I want to calculate the effect of centrifugal force on each cell of the droplet.
If I use

F= Mass * angular velocity square * radius

That gave big number and it is like the whole droplet rotation around that radius. It's looks easy but I really stuck with it

Regards
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Cell in a lattice simulation? Did you use the mass of the water within that cell and the corresponding radius?
If the mistake is somewhere else, it is hard to tell where with the given information.
 
What does "That gave a big number" mean? Show your working?
 
mfb said:
Cell in a lattice simulation? Did you use the mass of the water within that cell and the corresponding radius?
If the mistake is somewhere else, it is hard to tell where with the given information.
thanks for respond
it's hard to find and calculate for each cell. so I am looking for a general way to calculate that effect my be base on density or viscosity?
 
CWatters said:
What does "That gave a big number" mean? Show your working?

thanks for respond
l have equilibrium between centrifugal force and surface tension. while the first between 1 and 2 the second around 0.03 to 0.04. so there is something wrong in the principles!