How to Calculate Reactions and Forces in a Pin Jointed Frame?

  • Thread starter Thread starter warrio1010
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Frame Pin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
warrio1010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Homework Statement
[PLAIN]http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/1704/pinjointed.png
Calculate the reactions at A and E and the forces in all members.

The attempt at a solution

At a loss regarding the reactions, tried equating vertical and horizontal.
As for the members I guess its just a case of working from the reaction values and using sin and cos but also can't get my head around this.

Any methods/pushes in the right direction much appreciated.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In 2-dimensional work, as this one is, how many equations are there of static equilibrium? And what are they?
 
Don't forget the sum of the moments = 0.
 
I have VA as 10 but can't work out the other two, the equation would suggest that HE-HA+5=0 which leaves two unknowns so I'm stuck with that.