How to calculate stator to rotor winding turns ratio?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 6K views
theone
Messages
81
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


I have a set of data that I need to use to calculate the stator to winding turns ratio. A hint was given:

"The rotor current measured is the rotor winding current. However, the rotor current we use for our calculations is the current referred to the stator side of the machine. Therefore, to get the right value, you have to account for the stator-to-turns ratio."

Homework Equations


## P_{in} - i_s^2R_s - i_r^2R_r = P_{dev}##

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried
## 226 - (1.005)^212 - (X0.9)^218 = 213.819##
and got X=211.8 but I don't think its correct?
 
Attachments
  • Untitled10.png
    Untitled10.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Physics news on Phys.org
Because you measured the stator and rotor currents to be about equal, then it sounds like the turns ratio is 1:1

BTW, it would have been much better if you had typed the table values in your post, instead of attaching an almost indecipherible photo. That's something to remember for next time.