How to Calculate Time Dependent Magnetic Field with Faraday's Law

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
annastewert
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


See attached photo. It has question and answers.

Homework Equations


Maybe integral of B.dL=Mo i ? I'm not sure

The Attempt at a Solution


I tried using the above equation and solved for i but it gives i with respect to time and the answer is 10A. I'm not sure how to get an answer without t.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry I forgot the picture
 
Attachments
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 438
Y ou're not thinking of the right law.
Think Maxwell, specifically ∇ x E = -∂B/∂t. Then go to Stokes.

EDIT: Or Faraday: compute the whole dΦ/dt for your area. I guess that is more straight-forward.
(You can do this in your head!)
 
Last edited: