How to Choose the Right Messenger Bag for College?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bacte2013
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
bacte2013
Messages
394
Reaction score
57
Dear PF friends,

I am a college sophomore in US with double majors in mathematics and microbiology. I know this is so sudden question to ask, but I have a trouble selecting a good messenger bag for myself (Amazon has so many but I cannot get the clear idea). I am looking for one that can fit my 15inch Macbook Pro, iPad4, and 2~3 mathematics textbooks (Rudin PMA, Apostol Mathematical Analysis, etc.). I am actually tired of backpack...PK
 
Physics news on Phys.org
That's a fair amount of weight for one shoulder.

I think your best bet is still a backpack where the weight is more evenly distributed.

I say this because I hurt my shoulder once by carrying too much weight on it.

In any event, checkout a bike store or a sporting goods store. They usually have a selection of bike messenger bags by Timbuktu but be aware the bag will have some weight as well if its well made.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ryan_m_b
jedishrfu said:
That's a fair amount of weight for one shoulder.

I think your best bet is still a backpack where the weight is more evenly distributed.

I say this because I hurt my shoulder once by carrying too much weight on it.
I second that. A heavy messenger back can cause some back problems.