roshan2004 Messages 140 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Jul 5, 2010 #1 Though I can compute the coefficients of Trigonometric form of Fourier series, how can I compute the coefficients of complex form of Fourier series.
Though I can compute the coefficients of Trigonometric form of Fourier series, how can I compute the coefficients of complex form of Fourier series.
nekronaut Messages 6 Reaction score 0 Jul 5, 2010 #2 I assume you mean on the form e^ix? Or am I on the wrong track here? If my assumption is correct you want to write your function on the form [tex]f(x) = \sum_{-\infty}^{\infty}c_ke^{inx}[/tex] If so, the Fourier coefficents are given by [tex]c_k = \frac{1}{2\pi}\int_{-\pi}^{\pi}f(x)e^{-inx}[/tex]
I assume you mean on the form e^ix? Or am I on the wrong track here? If my assumption is correct you want to write your function on the form [tex]f(x) = \sum_{-\infty}^{\infty}c_ke^{inx}[/tex] If so, the Fourier coefficents are given by [tex]c_k = \frac{1}{2\pi}\int_{-\pi}^{\pi}f(x)e^{-inx}[/tex]
mathman Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 8,130 Reaction score 575 Jul 5, 2010 #3 Since you know how to compute Fourier series using sine and cosine, just use the identity: e-inx=cos(nx)-isin(nx).
Since you know how to compute Fourier series using sine and cosine, just use the identity: e-inx=cos(nx)-isin(nx).
roshan2004 Messages 140 Reaction score 0 Jul 5, 2010 #4 Have you guys got any links where there is proof of derivation of complex Fourier series?