Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to convert length units to inverse cm

  1. Jun 24, 2011 #1
    how to convert length units to inverse cm.For example arngstroms,nanometers to cm^-1.Thanks
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2011 #2


    User Avatar

    Staff: Mentor

    Please elaborate what you are trying to do.

    In general - you can't, as one is a length unit, other is a spatial frequency unit. Different things.
  4. Jun 24, 2011 #3
    i want to use it with Fabry-Perot interferometer
  5. Jun 24, 2011 #4
    Well, you could have barns per centimer, or something like that. Not sure why you'd want it, but you cold.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook