How to convert TV Recordings into Slow Motion MPEGS

I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?

Answers and Replies

I have this baseball game on my DVR, and there's a segment of it that I wish to convert to my computer into a slow motion MPEG and I was wondering what the process is for going about this?
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.

Last edited:
Basically you save the .dv file on the computer, then use a video processing application to select the sections you want in slow motion and save those as mpeg.
Any good video processing app will do this. A good balance between ease of use and set of features would be for instance Pinnacle Studio.
But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?

But how do I get the .dv file onto the computer?
If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.

If it is a DVR it presumably has a firewire interface that you can use. You need a firewire interface on your PC or laptop.

You obviously can use another type of connection (S-Video or Composite) with a video capture card but you will suffer a big loss of information compared to digital video.

How do I get a firewire interface?

Most laptops and various PCs already have them buit-in. But you can always buy a firewire card, they are inexpensive.

But make sure your DVR has a firewire interface first! What's you make and model?

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&q=firewire+" is what a firewire interface and cable looks like.

I can't look at it now, but it's a Time Warner Cable product. After looking at those pictures I'm pretty confident it's already built-in, but I'll have to check tomorrow.

The only issue will be getting it connected to my computer since my computer is a decent enough distance away from the TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do I get a firewire interface?
You either have one, or you don't.

The jack will look like one of the following images:

FirewireSocket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: