Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to create a sound-activate switch control a linear Actuator.

1. Apr 1, 2013 #1
    I am trying to make a sound activated linear actuator to open blinds when my alarm goes off. There are a couple concerns I have; Will the switch be triggered by a loud alarm clock? and would there be a way to have another switch to close the blinds once they have been opened, something like a toggle switch or button? I would appreciate any other suggestions

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 2, 2013 #2
    Let me understand what you want. When your alarm goes on you want nothing to happen until the alarm goes off and then you want to open the blinds. Once the blinds are fully open, you want your blinds to close again. Is that correct? If the blinds don't open until the alarm goes off, why would you be worried about a loud alarm going on triggering them to open?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook