How to deal with preexam anxiety?

  • Thread starter Thread starter EfrainLagos
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Anxiety
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
EfrainLagos
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
How you guys deal when you feel nervous before an exam?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I make sure that I am as prepared as I can possibly be. Then, I take a deep breath, step back and realize that whatever happens in there, happens. I'll just give it my best and let my preparation take over.
 
EfrainLagos said:
How you guys deal when you feel nervous before an exam?

Exercising or going out and doing something with my wife and/or friends usually helps--a little. Of course, this is only after adequate preparation, but that should go without saying. :smile:
 
not sure..but just be prepared..sometimes energy drink drinks/pills works for me..

i'm going to have presentation this week,and I'm stage fright
 
KingNothing said:
I make sure that I am as prepared as I can possibly be. Then, I take a deep breath, step back and realize that whatever happens in there, happens. I'll just give it my best and let my preparation take over.

Thanks for reply man
 
Dembadon said:
Exercising or going out and doing something with my wife and/or friends usually helps--a little. Of course, this is only after adequate preparation, but that should go without saying. :smile:

Preparation and some time to quiet mind thanks man.
 
nmah said:
not sure..but just be prepared..sometimes energy drink drinks/pills works for me..

i'm going to have presentation this week,and I'm stage fright

hehe what presentation about man?

ill train hard
 
haael said:
I run in circles, wave arms and scream.

:smile: :smile:

The visual is what did it.
 
EfrainLagos said:
How you guys deal when you feel nervous before an exam?

You know, that's one thing I've never had. I get pre-race anxiety every time I put the harness and helmet on, but exams never got to me.

I've always been able to convince myself that an exam is a test of what I already know. Maybe the reason you're getting nervous is because you have an unrealistic mental image of the exam. It's just a collection of questions whose goal is to let you prove how much you know about something. An exam is a time for showing off and showboating!

When you start in on an exam, don't swallow a question all at once. You wouldn't do that in the real world! Write stuff out, show off how neatly you can organize your thoughts, and prove that each step is a high-confidence move on your part. Identify relationships in the problem; is there a formula you know for that relationship? Write it down before even trying to use it.

Show that exam who's in charge! It's not testing you, it's letting you prove what you know.