How to Find a Skateboarder's Speed Down an Inclined Ramp?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vaalron
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 5K views
Vaalron
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Newt's 2nd Law--Non-Equilibrium

Homework Statement


A student is skateboarding down a ramp that is 6.0m long and inclined at 18 degrees with respect to the horizontal. The initial speed of the skateboarder at the top of the ramp is 2.6 m/s. Neglect friction and find the speed at the bottom of the ramp.

[tex]\Delta[/tex]X = 6 meters
[tex]\theta[/tex]= 18 degrees
v[tex]_{}o[/tex]= 2.6 m/s
v[tex]_{}f[/tex]= ?

Homework Equations


v[tex]_{}f[/tex]2= v[tex]_{}o[/tex]2 + 2ax


The Attempt at a Solution


v(f)2= 6.76+ 12a


I have no idea what I'm doing. Could I get a push in the right direction? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org


For this problem I'd use the conservation of energy law. You just have to find the height of the ramp and you can write down the equation.