How to find out who are Admins?

• Thread starter GW150914
  • Start date
In summary, Dave has asked Greg Bernhardt to change his birthday, but has not received a response. He is unsure if anyone else can change his profile information.
GW150914
I want to modify my birthday but the guy (Greg Bernhardt) who sent me a welcome mail haven't answered my request yet.

Physics news on Phys.org
GW150914 said:
I want to modify my birthday but the guy (Greg Bernhardt) who sent me a welcome mail haven't answered my request yet.

pretty sure he's probably the only one that can do that for you. Don't think the other mentors are able to
@mfb, @Drakkith ??

he's a busy lad ... how many days ago did you ask ?Dave

Likes gracy
davenn said:
pretty sure he's probably the only one that can do that for you. Don't think the other mentors are able to
@mfb, @Drakkith ??

he's a busy lad ... how many days ago did you ask ?Dave
Almost a month. I asked him on June 19th.

GW150914 said:

OK
as you can see I tagged a couple of mentors, hopefully one of them will respond with some thoughts :smile:

davenn said:
@mfb, @Drakkith ??

I'm not aware of any way that I can change profile information. I'd expect Greg to be the only one who can do that.

GW150914 said:

This might have been while he was away on vacation.

Paging @Greg Bernhardt. Come in please!

Drakkith said:
I'm not aware of any way that I can change profile information. I'd expect Greg to be the only one who can do that.
This might have been while he was away on vacation.

Paging @Greg Bernhardt. Come in please!
Thanks, I'll just wait till he comes back lol it's not really a big deal

GW150914 said:
Thanks, I'll just wait till he comes back lol it's not really a big deal

He's back. Your message was probably just lost in the flood of other things he had to do when he returned.

Likes davenn
Can you not edit your own date of birth by going to My PF, Personal Details and editing the date? I just tried and can do it but that could be because I'm a mod.

Likes gracy
Ryan_m_b said:
Can you not edit your own date of birth by going to My PF, Personal Details and editing the date? I just tried and can do it but that could be because I'm a mod.

Non-Mods can't do that. If they look at their info, where their birth dates are displayed, they'll see this message "Once your birthday has been entered, it cannot be changed. Please contact an administrator if it is incorrect."

Zz.

Likes davenn
GW150914 said:
@GW150914, I am able to do that. The birthdate that is shown in your profile is Aug. 27th. What did you want to change this to?

Mark44 said:
@GW150914, I am able to do that. The birthdate that is shown in your profile is Aug. 27th. What did you want to change this to?
Thanks dude but Admin Greg Bernhardt has already helped me changed my birthday lol
Thanks you all for helping me!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

1. How can I identify who the Admins are on a specific platform or website?

To find out who the Admins are, you can usually go to the "About" or "Contact" section of the platform or website. Many sites will list their Admins or moderators in this section.

2. Is there a way to tell if someone is an Admin just by looking at their profile?

Some platforms have a verification system in place for Admins, such as a checkmark or special badge on their profile. However, not all Admins may have this identifier, so it's best to check the "About" or "Contact" section for a list of official Admins.

3. Can I contact an Admin directly if I have a question or issue?

This depends on the platform or website. Some may have a designated email or contact form for Admins, while others may not allow direct communication with Admins. It's best to check the "Contact" section for any available methods of contacting an Admin.

4. Are there any tools or resources available to help me find out who the Admins are?

There are some third-party tools that claim to reveal the Admins of a website or platform, but these may not always be accurate or reliable. It's best to stick to official sources, such as the "About" or "Contact" section, to find out who the Admins are.

5. How can I become an Admin on a platform or website?

The process for becoming an Admin varies depending on the platform or website. Some may have open applications or a specific process for selecting Admins, while others may only appoint Admins internally. It's best to check the platform or website's guidelines or contact the current Admins for more information on becoming an Admin.