How to find relative velocity and add/subtract vectors

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Vals509
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Vectors
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 24K views
Vals509
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Hi all

I have been studying vectors lately and am very confused as to how to :
  • finding relative velocity
  • adding and subtracting vectors

i am able to understand the basics of it but cannot get a hang of the harder questions. Does anyone know any website or example that can help explain the above 2 points properly!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hyperphysics is a good site to use

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/vect.html"

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/relmot.html"
 
Last edited by a moderator:
There is some good youtube tutorials. I found very useful.. Just google it!
 
Surprisingly, SparkNotes has a pretty helpful outline. I think they also sell those folder-like study guide things with notes and all the formulas on them...you know, the things you can just stick in your binder? They have them for all sorts of subjects and are pretty helpful. I'm sure there's one for Physics or Vectors.

http://www.sparknotes.com/physics/
http://www.sparknotes.com/physics/vectors/intro
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for a higher level understanding of vectors and vector application. There is a book called Div, Grad, Curl. I can't remeber the author. There are multiple editions. Most larger libraries will carry a copy of at least one of the editions. The first chapter covers vector addition, subtraction, dot product, and cross product.