How to Find the Components of TCA in a 3D Force System?

  • Thread starter Thread starter camino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Force System
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
camino
Messages
42
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/3227/problem2d.jpg

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



So far I found TCE and TCD, but I am not sure how to find the components for TCA.

TCEforce vector = 0i + 0.3685TCEj - 0.9296TCEk

TCDforce vector = -0.5012TCDi + 0j + 0.8653TCDk

TCAforce vector = ?

I'm not sure how to get the force vector components for TCA from the figure. Can anyone help?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
The crate produces a force down which must be opposed by the sum of vertical components of TCA and TBA. Also, the horizontal components of TCA and TBA must be equal in order for them to be in equilibrium.

You should be able to write out two equations and solve for the two unknowns.