Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to generate 2 bar pressure of steam economically?

1. Apr 19, 2014 #1

ASR

I am in a need to generate steam of 2 bar pressure, 403 K temperature and a mass flow rate of 0.0123 kg/s. Its just needed for my project work. Kindly suggest some ways to generate it economically. Thanks in advance.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2014 #2

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Since you require a constant flow of 12.3 g/sec you should be able to do that without storage of steam under pressure. That will make it significantly safer.

Use a positive displacement pump to push 12.3 cc of cold water per second, up a heated tube through an oven. The oven maintains the tube at 403 K. It could be heated electrically and controlled by a thermostat. The pressure will be set by the rate you release the steam.

4. Apr 20, 2014 #3

ASR

Thanks for your kind replay. What kind of oven I can use for it? For this purpose whether I could get any ready made oven from market? If so, kindly give me the information about it.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Apr 22, 2014 #4
    Pd pump would also increase pressure of water...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook