How to generate High-velocity-Air from Vacuum-Air?

• Thread starter muthu.mari
  • Start date
I need to accelerate the vacuum-air entering in to a 3" pipe. It should provide minimum of 50CFM air-flow.

Do you have any idea? Please it here!

Answers and Replies

russ_watters
Mentor
Welcome to PF!

CFM is a measure of volume per unit time, not velocity. Could you try to explain in more detail what you are trying to do please.

Welcome to PF!

CFM is a measure of volume per unit time, not velocity. Could you try to explain in more detail what you are trying to do please.

Actually, i need to pressurize the Free space air which will be used to fill-up a large length (6-feet) blanket with 55 CFM air value. So to convert the free space air into Forced-air (achieving 55CFM), i need a principle. I got one logic, by using Electronic-blower we can create pressurized air with 50CFM. But this logic gives more cost due to costlier Motor and impeller. So i need it with lower cost within 300$.

Electronic-blower we can create pressurized air with 50CFM. But this logic gives more cost due to costlier Motor and impeller. So i need it with lower cost within 300$.

How about a vacuum cleaner? Cost and flow rate fits your description.

However, to select a blower you also need to know the pressure required.

russ_watters
Mentor
Sucking and blowing just use different ends of the same device, so I still don't see the point of the question.