How to increase chances of getting into the college I want?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 6K views
Farzan
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
What are different ways I can increase the chance of getting into the college I want to go to?

I'm in grade 11 right now.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ask admissions officials at the college of your choice. some colleges all you have to do is apply, others there is a low chance of anyone getting in.
 
Farzan said:
What are different ways I can increase the chance of getting into the college I want to go to?

what college? MIT? Caltech? Georgia Tech? Stanford? UCLA? Duke? what major? EE? ME? Physics? Chem engineering?

there's many other factors that contribute
 
Have your parents donate a major science building, or a new med school wing, to the college you wish to attend.
 
get real. focus on learning, as opposed to absorbing prestige from your university.
 
Have a personality. Give that impression to the interviewer, get into and rank real good (if you don't, you don't have much chance) competitions (math, physics, chemistry, etc.). Get into extra curricular activities that require creativity and engagement from your part and most importantly, those activities have to be things that you like. Get good grades, good SAT scores, and get your teachers to write you excellent recommendation letters.
 
Ki Man said:
what college? MIT? Caltech? Georgia Tech? Stanford? UCLA? Duke? what major? EE? ME? Physics? Chem engineering?

there's many other factors that contribute

I want to go to Caltech, but I don't know what I want to do yet. Definitely something math or science related (physics and calculus are my favorite subjects)