How to learn Applied Mathematics?

In summary, the conversation involved a person asking for advice on how to learn applied math, specifically for science subjects like physics and chemistry. Other areas where applied math can be used were also mentioned, such as finance, biology, and engineering. The person also asked for resources to learn basic math concepts like calculus, vector analysis, numerical analysis, differential equations, and complex variables. However, it was suggested that these subjects are usually taught in college and it may be difficult to learn them on their own. The person also mentioned being only 13 years old and wanting to learn everything quickly, but it was recommended to focus on elementary algebra and plane geometry first before tackling advanced math concepts.
Jadaav
Hi guys,

How can i learn Applied Maths?

I need to know from where i need to start to learn it.

I don't know anything about it.

And if there is any other things i need to learn please tell me.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Basic math background would be calculus, vector analysis, numerical analysis. Also where do want to apply it? Finance, biology, various engineering disciplines, and physics are all possible areas.

I want to apply it on science mainly in Physics and Chemistry.

I'll add differential equations and complex variables to the above list.

How can i learn them?

Can you give me some links or sites where i can learn them for free?

I think it would be very difficult to learn on your own. These are usually part a college program in mathematics. I don't have any sites to refer you to.

you know books from which i can learn?

Sorry. I've been retired for a while so I really couldn't recommend anything. I don't know your background, but I think you'll be in over your head if you try to learn all this on your own.

oh... forgot to tell something. I'm only 13 and my goal is to learn everything as soon as possible.

And I'll try to find books about the subjects that you told me

You got any more suggestions?

At the age of 13 you should be learning elementary algebra in school. The next level would be plane geometry. I suggest you discuss this with your teacher. Teachers like to encourage bright students.

1. How can I improve my understanding of mathematical concepts?

One of the best ways to improve your understanding of mathematical concepts is to practice regularly. Solve a variety of problems and try to understand the underlying principles. You can also seek help from a tutor or join study groups to discuss and clarify any doubts. Additionally, reading textbooks and online resources can also help in improving your understanding.

2. What is the best way to approach problem-solving in applied mathematics?

The best way to approach problem-solving in applied mathematics is to first understand the problem and identify what the question is asking for. Then, break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts and use relevant mathematical concepts to solve each part. It is also helpful to check your work and make sure your final answer makes sense in the context of the problem.

3. How can I develop my critical thinking skills in applied mathematics?

To develop your critical thinking skills in applied mathematics, start by understanding the fundamental concepts and principles. Then, practice applying those concepts to real-world problems and think critically about the steps and logic used to solve them. It is also beneficial to explore different problem-solving strategies and challenge yourself with more complex problems to improve your critical thinking abilities.

4. What are some useful resources for learning applied mathematics?

There are many useful resources for learning applied mathematics, including textbooks, online courses, and video tutorials. You can also attend workshops or seminars, join study groups, and seek help from tutors or professors. Additionally, there are many online forums and communities where you can ask questions and participate in discussions related to applied mathematics.

5. How can I stay motivated while learning applied mathematics?

Staying motivated while learning applied mathematics can be challenging, but it is crucial to keep pushing forward. Set clear goals for yourself and celebrate small victories along the way. It can also help to take short breaks when you feel overwhelmed and remind yourself of the practical applications and benefits of learning applied mathematics. Additionally, surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals and seeking support when needed can also help you stay motivated.